Unlike camping and hiking being on the beach people are usually too hot to have a huge appetite or too busy walking, swimming and building sand castles to think of food. The moment always comes however, and usually with a slight hangry tone that food is needed and it's needed NOW!
What you pack will be dependent on there being a cooler or not being a cooler of course. If you have a cooler you will have more favorable options, but it is not a necessity.
Top 5 without a cooler:
1. Trail mix: nuts, seeds, coconut flakes or thick pieces, organic unsweetened dried fruit
2. Orange or other refreshing, single-serving fruit
3. Nut butter in single serving packets with celery, banana or apple
4. Avocado - Yes, just cut it in half and eat it with a spoon!!
5. Cherry tomatoes, snap peas, and baby carrots
Top 5 with a cooler:
1. Chicken salad with carrot sticks and celery - I make mine with primal kitchen mayo and if I am in a pinch a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
2. BLT skewer with guacamole - if you don't have time to make guac buy the wholly moly guacamole single servings
3. Cucumber sandwiches - hollow out the seeds of a cucumber cut lengthwise and fill it with healthy meats and mayo or mustard
4. Smoothie - Make your favorite smoothie filled with greens, protein and fat for a refreshing snack that keeps you full
5. Frozen grapes are a refreshing treat on hot days
I hope these friendly tips help you pack a delicious lunch to keep you at the beach longer and the mood lighter.
Allergen free pizza crust