Garlic and Parsley Deviled Eggs
1) Place your eggs in a large saucepan filled halfway with lukewarm water. Place the saucepan over high heat and let the water come to a boil. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Immediately remove the pot and dump out some of the water. Fill the pot with cold water and allow the eggs to begin cooling.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, and parsley. Heat a small skillet over a medium-high heat and saute garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in with the mayo mixture.
3) Once the eggs have cooled, peel the shells and cut each egg in half. Using a small spoon, scoop out the yolk and add it to the rest of the mayo mixture. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Pour 1/3 or so of the filling into a sandwich ziplock bag. Cut off the corner and squeeze it into the center of each egg. Refill ziplock bag with filling as needed.
5) Garnish with green onions and paprika.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
This Spinach Artichoke Dip is a go to appetizer for me that everyone loves!
1) Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm, and dark green color.
2) Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit. Scoop out the meet and place in medium bowl.
3) Add lime juice and toss to spread juice.
4) Add the salt and use a fork to, mash until it's a smooth consistency.
5) Fold in the onion, cilantro and optional jalapeno and mix well.
I find holidays to be such an easy time to eat healthy. The main meal is usually around a roast (ham, turkey, beef) and a bunch of vegetable side dishes. For sides I chose ones that I can prep before hand and have simple ingredients. The cauliflower, mushrooms, and salad can be cut up and stored in the fridge. Potatoes are always the last thing to be done when I am cooking a large meal and just give me so much trouble... my solution: crockpot. If you cook potatoes in the crockpot you can forget about their cooking time and just set them early and forget about them.
Here is the most straight forward roasting instructions, again enjoy any GOOD QUALITY meat your family loves on Easter. On the link scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
1 cauliflower, chopped into florets
Olive oil to mix in with cauliflower until coated
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425°.
2) Toss cauliflower florets on a large rimmed baking sheet with oil; season with salt and pepper.
3) Roast, tossing occasionally, until tender, 35-40 minutes.
2 lb. crimini (Baby Bella) mushrooms, washed & quartered
4 Tbsp olive oil
4-5 garlic cloves, diced
3 springs fresh rosemary, diced
1 tsp salt, to taste
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1) In a medium sized pan over medium heat begin heating olive oil with garlic for 1-2 minutes. Make sure the garlic does not burn.
2) Add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes.
3) Once the mushrooms start to soften, add the fresh rosemary to the skillet and continue to saute.
4) Continue to saute until the mushrooms are tender.
5) If they release a lot of liquid, turn the heat up to high until the liquid evaporates.
6) Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for another minute or so.
7) Remove from heat and serve.
2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled + cubed (about 4 medium)
½ cup coconut milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp grass-fed butter (optional)
1) Place cubed sweet potatoes in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the sweet potatoes and cook on low for 4 hours.
2) After sweet potatoes have cooked, drain ALL the water and return potatoes to the slow cooker.
3) Using a potato masher, mash the sweet potatoes.
4) Add coconut milk, maple syrup and butter. Stir to mix until sweet potatoes are smooth and creamy.
5) Keep the slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.
Spring Grape Nut Salad
1) Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in a bowl.
2) Slice goat cheese and form into rounds.
3) In another bowl whisk egg. Dip the cheese rounds in egg and then toss in flour mix to cover.
4) Transfer to a parchment lined plate to store until ready to fry.
5) Heat just enough avocado oil to cover your pan to medium high heat. Add goat cheese and cook until browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Removed from heat and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
6) Once cooled add to salad.
I based it off of this recipe.
I didn't want to buy apple juice so I made the syrup as follows:
1 peach peeled, pitted and sliced
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1) Place all of the syrup ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Keep it at a low but constant simmer.
2) Allow the syrup to cool and thicken for 15 minutes before serving.
Carrot Cake or Bread
1) Preheat oven to 350º F. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
2) In a separate medium bowl, mix together eggs, bananas, almond butter, honey, coconut oil and vanilla.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and mix well
4) Fold in carrots, walnuts and raisins into the batter
5) Pour batter into greased bread pan or cake pan.
6) Bake 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
Allergen free pizza crust